Simple, Classic, Refined and Tasty
Excellent when served with steamed garlic asparagus and roasted carrots
- 4 large garlic cloves, pressed
- 4 teaspoons chopped fresh rosemary or 2 teaspoons dried
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 2 1/2-pound boneless pork loin roast, well trimmed
- Fresh rosemary sprigs (optional)
Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 13 x 9 x 2-inch roasting pan with foil. Mix first 4 ingredients in bowl. Rub garlic mixture all over pork.
Place pork, fat side down (this is very important to do first), in prepared roasting pan. Roast pork 30 minutes. Turn roast fat side up. Roast until thermometer inserted into center of pork registers 155°F., about 25 minutes longer. Remove from oven; let stand 10 minutes.
Pour any juices from roasting pan into small saucepan; set over low heat to keep warm. Cut pork crosswise into 1/3-inch-thick slices. Arrange pork slices on platter. Pour pan juices over. Garnish with rosemary sprigs, if desired.