This is a hearty Stew based on the Irish classic. This warms the soul and fills the family while producing a home spun aroma throughout the house.
For more recipes or to order the safest, healthiest and best quality meat for this stew or any recipe visit: www.premierfoodsgroup.com
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/4 pounds Premier Foods Group stew beef
- 6 large garlic cloves, minced
- 8 cups beef stock or canned beef broth
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 tablespoons (1/4 stick) butter
- 3 pounds potatoes, peeled, cut into 1/2-inch pieces (about 7 cups)
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cups 1/2-inch pieces peeled carrots
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Heat oil in heavy large pot over medium-high heat. Add the Premier Foods Group stew beef and sauté until brown on all sides, about 5 minutes. Add garlic and sauté 1 minute. Add beef stock, tomato paste, sugar, thyme, Worcestershire sauce and bay leaves. Stir to combine. Bring mixture to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low, then cover and simmer 1 hour, stirring occasionally.
- Melt your butter in another large pot over medium heat. Add potatoes, onion and carrots. Sauté vegetables until golden, about 20 minutes. Add vegetables to beef stew. Simmer uncovered until vegetables and beef are very tender, about 40 minutes. Discard bay leaves. Tilt pan and pour or spoon off fat. (Can be prepared up to 2 days ahead. Cool slightly. Refrigerate uncovered until cold, then cover and refrigerate. Bring to simmer before serving.) Transfer stew to serving bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and serve.