YIELDS APPROXIMATELY 24 meatballs
- 3⁄4 lb ground beef
- 3⁄4 lb ground pork
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 3⁄4 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 large eggs
- 3⁄4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1⁄4 cup chopped parsley
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 black powder
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 6 cups marinara sauce
Fast. Easy. Delicious. Made in 30 minutes or less
- In a large bowl, combine the meat, garlic, breadcrumbs, eggs, Parmesan, parsley, salt, a couple of grinds of pepper and a splash of milk. Mix together well with clean hands. Roll into 24 1 1/2-inch balls and place on a rimmed baking sheet. Place the baking sheet with the meatballs into the freezer for 5 to 10 minutes to firm them up slightly.
- To brown the meatballs, heat a couple of swirls of olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) in a heavy pot or large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, turning to brown all sides. They do not need to be cooked through.
- Add the meatballs and marinara sauce to a large pot and stir gently. Heat over medium heat until the sauce begins to bubble. Reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 20 minutes, stirring very gently a couple of times during simmering.
- Serve meatballs and marinara over noodles or stuffed into rolls with melted mozzarella cheese.